The Symetra Tour is known as “the Road to the LPGA” and since 1999, it has been designated as the LPGA’s official developmental tour. The LPGA acquired the Symetra Tour in July 2007. LPGA player achievements include:
- More than 600 Symetra Tour alumnae have earned LPGA membership.
- Through 2014, Symetra Tour alums own a total of 385 LPGA victories and 45 major championships.
- Tour alums won 15 LPGA tournaments in 2014, including two majors.
- Tour alum Karrie Webb is a member of the LPGA and World Golf Halls of Fame and was a two-time LPGA Tour winner in 2011, at the HSBC Women’s Champions and the inaugural RR Donnelly LPGA Founders Cup.
- Stacy Lewis, a Symetra Tour alum, followed up her first career major win at the 2011 Kraft Nabisco Championship and U.S. Solheim Cup Team selection with 4 wins and 16 top-10 finishes in 2012 en route to earning Player of the Year.
- Six of the 12 members of the 2011 U.S. Solheim Cup Team were alumnae of the Symetra Tour (Ryann O’Toole, Vicky Hurst, Christie Kerr, Stacy Lewis, Angela Stanford, Christina Kim) as well as team captain, Rosie Jones. Former Symetra Tour member Laura Davies was selected to Europe’s squad which was captained by fellow alum Alison Nichols.
- A total of 12 Symetra Tour players from the 2014 season earned LPGA Tour membership for the first time in their professional careers.
- 71 of the 120 players in the field for the 2015 Coates Golf Championship played on the Symetra Tour.
- Six year Symetra Tour player (2006-2011) Mo Martin won the 2014 RICOH Women’s British Open.